Welcome Forums GTA Member Forum Bitcoin for Beginners?

  • Bitcoin for Beginners?

     lizwest updated 1 year, 3 months ago 3 Members · 4 Posts
  • lizwest

    Member
    August 15, 2020 at 8:08 am

    Hi There,

    New to GTA, and also a cryptocurrency newbie. Any recommendations for places to go to learn about Bitcoin? How to start investing? How to think about asset allocation? etc… How to start getting out of the mainstream finance world? Trying to follow the advice on ‘taking action’. And, don’t know where to start. Thanks!

  • Brian

    Administrator
    August 15, 2020 at 12:36 pm

    For the non-tech, or investor requiring still requiring education, I would recommend storing a wallet on a reputable exchange. A reliable exchange like Coinbase, where 98% of all customer funds are stored offline making digital assets inaccessible to hackers. The remaining 2% online is also protected in the event of hack insured with Lloyd’s of London. All bank USD deposits are also FDIC insured. It is a great way to start.

    https://www.coinbase.com/join/sticke_t. “Coinbase is the world’s most trusted place to buy and sell cryptocurrency. Open an account today, and if you buy or sell $100 or more of crypto, you’ll receive $10 worth of free Bitcoin!”

  • Katharine

    Administrator
    August 15, 2020 at 12:46 pm

    Hi @lizwest , welcome to GTA! Please check out the Gold, Silver, and Cryptocurrencies Resources by William here: https://gta.williamstickevers.com/category/gold-silver-and-cryptocurrencies/

  • lizwest

    Member
    August 17, 2020 at 5:29 pm

    Thank you! 🙂

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now